The ANGUS - YLL Vape
The Angus Halogen Vaporizer by YLL Vape has fast become one of our favourite herb specific vaporizers, portable or otherwise! This particular vaporizer provides a specific kind of satisfaction which is hard to match! The easiest comparison we can manage is that this is kind of like an S&B Mighty, it's very easy to use, does what it does very well and uses a hybrid heating system. However unlike the Mighty the Angus provides excellent flavour as well as excellent vapor production and complete satisfaction! It also has user replaceable batteries so you can charge two while vaping, avoiding the need for down time! A must for regular vapers.
Having five pre-set heat temperatures and a boost mode the Angus is capable of accurately vaporising material between 180-230C (five heat settings plus boost mode!) making it a combustion safe vape. If you like the ability to bake to a very dark brown colour while retaining excellent flavour through the session, alongside the ability to vape the entire chamber contents in a few big inhales, then the Angus is probably the one for you! On a related note (kind of) you can also microdose with the Angus too, just put less in and crack on as normal! It provides plenty of convection to do this with no temperature adjustment required.
While the Angus does have a slightly larger overall size than many portables it more than makes up for this with it's incredible vapor producing capabilities and flavour. With the 0.25g capacity chamber this makes for a lot of vaping! With no other vapes in the rotation we do one battery change (both batteries) a day and get through around 4g with that! Commendable.
The Angus is primarily designed to be a session vape with a 5 minute cut out timer, however we've found that on the max settings, especially if you use boost mode, it's possible to vaporize the chamber contents in 3-4 massive inhales with just some wisps of vapor left after. So while it does work very nicely as a session vape with shorter inhales, you can also just suck like your life depends on it and be appropriately rewarded for your efforts! As it should be. It also has a PEEK section above the herb chamber to make for easier loading with less spillage! The Angus has fairly free flowing airflow which can be adjusted slightly. Simply rotate the dial containing the metal screen in the mouthpiece! Vapor comes out the Angus mouthpiece a little warm but very comfortable. We are having some upgrade mouthpieces made which make this the most comfortable!
Being fairly unique the Angus is the first large production Halogen based portable vaporizer on the market, the halogen heating system provides very reliable and accurate heating. To ensure reliability the Angus has also been through extensive drop testing and should survive multiple drops from around 5 feet high with only replaceable parts needing replacing (glass mouthpiece). The Halogen heating system does take a little while to heat up, for this reason we suggest turning it on, selecting your desired temperature then loading it up to reduce wait times. For follow up sessions it's quite a bit faster as it retains some heat.
- Dry Herb Vaporizer
- 180-220C (with +10C Boost Mode for 230C)
- Accurate Temperature Control
- Approx. 0.2g - 0.3g Capacity. Can take more but that is the sweet spot
- Halogen Heated Ball Vape
- User replaceable batteries (dual 18650)
- Stainless Steel Herb Chamber
- PEEK Cooling Unit (CU)
- Glass Mouthpiece Section
- Viton O-ring
- PEEK Insulator
- Walnut Body
- Approx. 90 Second Initial Pre-Heat Time
- 5 Minute Session Time
- No Tamp or Stir Required
- Micro-dose Compatible
- Reverse Battery (Polarity) Protection
- Over-Charge/Discharge Protection
- Low Current Protection
- ROHS Certified Materials
- PCB Over-Temperature Protection
- Balance Charge Protection
- Temperature Control Protection
- Angus Halogen Vaporizer
- Carry Case
- Spare Glass Mouthpiece Tube
- Tweezer Tool for Screen Removal
- Cleaning Brush
- 2 x Dosing Capsules
- 3 x Spare Screen
- 2 x Spare O-ring
- 5BB XL Angus Mouthpiece
- Start heating then grind/load herb to avoid waiting for the full pre-heat
- Always close the glass mouthpiece straight after vaping to avoid breakages
- Fill the chamber to the o-ring, not to the top of the PEEK section, this is just to assist loading
- Between inhales if you put it down, always place the Angus on it's side to avoid knocking it over
- Using a medium grind avoids compaction against the mouthpiece or WPA screen when inhaling hard or using the Angus upside down in a water tool. A fine grind is totally fine to use if you're happy to inhale more slowly or give the contents a little poke at some point during your session!
- Don't tamp! Compressing the material will stop the airflow passing through the herb properly and isn't required. Tidy it in in there and poke in any mess but you don't need to apply downward pressure for the best results.
- Hold the device away from the metal around the top. This acts as a heat dissipater so gets quite hot especially after a couple of sessions!
- Super easy. Soak mesh mouthpiece filter screen in ISO, swap with a spare. every few days and wipe the solid Steel filter screen with an ISO wipe while warm.
- Weekly, remove the top mouthpiece section, dismantle, soak in ISO then rinse and dry
- Change the screen in the herb chamber as required - Almost never
- That's pretty much it. It's fairly easy to dismantle and none of the parts are tiny!